The buzz word today with residential real estate agents is staging. Staging a home can change a home's atmosphere that appeals to homebuyers, which may bring a higher price and accelerate market time. By adding small decorative touches, rearranging or deleting furniture or creating vignettes a home can look like a professional stager was hired. Listed below are some do's and don'ts for home sellers.
Use these do-it-yourself tips to place your home on the stage of your local home sale theater
. . . If you would like to go the extra step and invest in some improvements, we have a few extra tips:
Most likely, you have already heard of "Feng Shui" . . .
Well, it is becoming more and more popular, especially on the west coast. And as these folks from the west coast move our way to the deep South, it's especially important to know their interests and the things that some folks look for in a home.
Feng Shui is the Chinese discipline that teaches how to attract and enhance your life energy (chi) according to how our homes and spaces are arranged.
Here are some tips on how you can start to integrate feng shui into your life.
• Clutter and mess prevents energy from flowing properly. Clean your home and office and discard anything that is no longer of use.
• If something needs repair, either fix-it or throw it away
• Incorporate plants into your environment. Keep them healthy and watered.
• Steer clear of too much overhead lighting, and sharp cornered objects should be used as little as possible.
• Choose all that elicits positive feelings
• Keep the front entrance of your home in good repair
• Vibrant nature in your yard attracts vibrant chi into your home
• Make sure your office chair is the most comfortable chair in your universe
The Feng Shui philosophy is based on three main principles; Everything is alive with Chi; Everything is connected by Chi; The Chi in everything is changing.
Ultimately, Feng Shui is about living in harmony with yourself, and everything in your environment.
Click on the document below to open the report.